Monday, December 1, 2008

Denim Skirt

Of course, and I think just about all of us did it. We’re madly rushing to finish ball gowns before a trip, and just as we’re pretty much done, we decide to squeeze one more project in before we leave. Here’s my squeezed in project:



I love this fabric called Baby Roses on Cream. It makes a sweet waistband lining.



The denim was extra from a skirt Retro Girl made and I washed it in black dye to give it a very slightly darker color. I had just enough fabric, but then I forgot I had to turn the pattern pieces over to cut out the second pieces. Oops. Fortunately I was making the hips straighter and I was able to work the pieces to fit anyways. I used Simplicity 9825 and depending on how you look at it, I either lengthened View C, or shortened View D.


And an action shot with sister's Aussie. Don't you just love those gloves? Authentic vintage from my grandmother.

No comments: