Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Years! Mine wasn't exactly what I would have expected, but it truly was pleasant. Pleasant? What kind of description is that? It sounds like I'm being cautious, which is probably true. :)

Inspiration struck and I had a nice post all typed out for my New Year greeting, but I never got to the Internet. However, I'm still going to share it with you.

.......................................

I confess that sometimes I fall into the trap of thinking of the Bible as simply history, and losing sight of not only its relevance to me today, but they very fact that it is history. Men and women experienced these things, it’s real.

It’s easy to do with any history, and I think it is important when it becomes real for us. I remember standing on a Civil War battle field once and pausing to think, “Men fought on this very ground - where I am standing!” It makes you think.

Sometimes when I’m reading through the Bible, it’s the little things, that make it come alive for me. I was reading in Romans chapter 5 the other day and this verse pretty much summed up a realization to me: For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (Romans 5:19 KJV)

Because of Adams disobedience, we’re all born sinners. Because of Christ’s obedience, we have the choice to be saved from our sin. (Interesting thing, Eve ate the fruit first, but she isn’t the one that is held responsible for the disobedience in the grand scheme of our sin.)

One man. I mean think about that, one man? Adams decision has affected every single person that came after him. Everyone. One man made one decision and it changed the world, but not for the better. Then Christ came, one man. His sacrifice changed the history of the world again, this time for good. Through his obedience, “shall many be made righteous.”

Individuals make a difference. When we make a decision, for good or bad, it affects others; follow Christ.

Go forth and conquer!
Happy New Year!

T.W.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9 KJV

No comments: