Thursday, December 22, 2011

You Said What?

I’d told my family about a movie I had watched with my grandmother on the Hallmark Channel that I thought was really cute. As one of my sisters was taking off from a Christmas tea, she came over to me, sitting next to my sister-in-law, and leaned down and said in a quiet voice, “I’m going to Harkins* to get A Boyfriend for Christmas. Do you want to come down to the well house and watch?”

Mrs. B.T.’s head came up, “What did you just say?”

It was too perfect and I burst out laughing, “You heard her correctly!”

We then explained that we were refereeing to a movie, not a plan.

Which was good, because Mrs. B.T. couldn’t recommend Harkins* to get a boyfriend.

I really enjoyed A Boyfriend for Christmas, and would recommend it with a mild caution. All in all, for a light hearted, “chick flick” it was funny, but with character to it. Fairy Tale Alert: The lawyer is good. And they give you the impression that Santa Clause is real. I just thought I’d let you know - fair warning and all. :)

*Name changed to protect the guilty, the innocent, and the unconcerned.

1 comment:

Hannah Moss said...

Haha! Cute story. I might just have to look up and watch that movie now... :)