Friday, March 11, 2011

A Mexican Accent, A French Accent...and My Mother

I’m sure I’ve heard these stories before, but this morning Mother was telling them again. A laugh is good anytime, I say.

She was at the DMV, I think helping my sister get her driving permit, and the Mexican gentleman asked, “White?”

“Yes.” My mother nodded.

He repeated, “White?”

“Yes.” She answered again.

“White!”

"Yes!”

He said through gritted teeth, “How… much… do...you…weigh?”



I believe she was in high school when she was taking fencing lessons. Before a bout, round, fight, what do they call it? The French instructor told them, “chicken.”

They didn’t do anything so he repeated it, “chicken.”

Mother pulled off her mask (Is that what it’s called? I’m not full of a lot of information, am I?) and asked, “chicken?”

Her instructor burst out laughing and corrected, “Shake… hands.”


Hope you are having a Fabulous Friday!

T.W.

1 comment:

Hannah Moss said...

Oh, dear me! Too funny! :)