Saturday, March 19, 2011

I say...

I think it was a few days ago I was having a discussion with my mom regarding a conversation that I just had with a sibling, and trying to temper my own thoughts and opinions, I said, “I don’t want to be an interfering aunt.”

One of my younger siblings turned to me and said, “or sister.”

Well!

What she meant was, the conversation I was referring to was with a sibling, so interfering would have been as a sister, not an aunt. She was correcting, not suggesting. I think.

Anyway, the subject on which I didn’t want to be interfering was actually something the sibling and I agree on, maybe not timing, or how to, but on the goal. I find myself trying to balance between encouraging/helping and just flat pestering/interference. When to speak and when to keep silence, that is the question.

I might struggle with not being an interfering sister or aunt, but I’m going to try to be good. Because why practice being ineffectual and a nuisance? Despite what I might sometimes think (blasted human nature), I’m just not the best one to live anybody else’s life for them. I have enough trouble with my own, and juggling was never my specialties. Nor is driving a stick. I admit, in all honesty, Bourne does have me on that one. Smmmile.



Ha!

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

T.W.

No comments: