Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Remodel Part IX

This picture doesn't do justice to the precariousness of this situation. Mother careful! Just so you know, she tends to do more dangerous things than her children. We aren't allowed to and for the most part, we wouldn't. We're a cautious bunch, we are.

I'm really not sure what is happening in this photograph, yes I know he is working on the loft floor, but what is up with the shades? It's a little scary actually, he looks like some sort of character welding a dangerous weapon from a sci-fi. And he's smiling. Not good.

We always have plenty of inspectors. An abundance of them in fact.

Proof positive that I actually work on this job. A little. Unless of course this is a staged photograph. Honestly, I did help with this sheetrock project. And you know, if sheetrock doesn't fit, just give it a good whack with a hammer. It's amazing what it will accomplish. I don't recommend this, actually. A whack is much too dramatic, though I do admit to using a hammer to tap some tight pieces carefully into place. I don't recommend that either, but what can I say? That is probably why it is a very good reason they are installing wainscoting on some of the walls. My heart was in the right place.

They won't install themselves. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Hannah Moss said...

I love when people work together on big projects-it makes the job be more fun and faster! :)

TW, I don't doubt at all that you have worked on the Blue Castle! :D

TW said...

Aw, thanks Squishy - honestly this is one of the fewer times of done actual work on the project, my department has been keeping home base running and people fed - my valiant contribution. :)