Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Little Bit of Goodness


After a late night, several late nights, weeks of late nights in fact, but who is counting? I just got off subject, what was I going to tell you?

Oh, yes, anyway, this morning I wasn't feeling super energized, I didn't have food plans for the day, Mother Hubbard's Cupboards were low, and D.C. had showed up to help with the house = company for lunch. In fact, things were conspiring against me.

What I really wanted was something magical and nice to appear, but I don't know what is up with the union, but my fairy godmother has been rather unhelpful as of late. Enter Divine inspiration. I threw together what I think ought to be called Improvisation Salad, because I used my sister-in-law's recipe for Greek Salad (Or was it Turkish?) but I didn't have most of the ingredients. Rough substitutes, yes. But I was a little skeptical about the results and that was just plain it. Just salad. Well, that seemed a tiny bit blah, so further inspiration - I whipped up a batch of oatmeal cookies and sandwiched them between homemade vanilla ice cream that we just happened to have leftover, which is not a very common occurrence around here.

Main Course:Improvised Greek Salad (Garnished with a sprig of parsley - presentation folks, presentation.)
Beverage: Apricot Iced Tea
Dessert: Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich

Well, it could have been worse. And you know what? I love it when something comes out of seemingly nothing.

1 comment:

Hannah Moss said...

They look delicious...that's a good idea! :)