Monday, February 27, 2012

False Expectations

My sister and I took a road trip to visit our brother and his family and then spend the weekend with a friend at her family’s beach cabin.

The bad thing about this is RetroGirls phone was acting up and people on the other end couldn’t hear unless you shouted. I was doing the shouting since she was driving. Fortunately, we didn’t use the phone all weekend, but then I needed to call my brother and touch bases before we headed out of state again. Even shouting, he could barely hear me. It was pretty ridiculous and I told my sister that there are few people I’d feel comfortable with in a car shouting at the top of my lungs (well, maybe not quite the top). Several hours down the road another brother called and I said, “Oh, great.” I wasn’t looking forward to another yelled conversation. I answered the phone: “HELLO!!!!”

My brother asked if it was RetroGirl. I YELLED THAT IT WASN’T. He asked who is this? I YELLED WHO IT WAS. We went back and forth for a while and it seemed he thought something was very fishy. My mind kicked in with a thought, I said in a normal voice, “Can you hear me?”

He said, “Yes.”

I laughed so hard at that point that he still couldn’t understand a word I was saying.

I think he was annoyed.

I'm glad it was my little brother and not someone else.

The End