Tuesday, November 30, 2010

63,825 Words

"I did it, I did it, I knew that I could do it and indeed I did!"

Actually, I didn't. In fact for years I have thought there was little chance that the bones of a story I have kept tucked away in the recesses of my brain, added to slowly over the years, was enough to write a story. But then suddenly, with a great deal of doubt, I decided to give it a try with a deadline of 50,ooo words in 30 days. I felt that perhaps, maybe, it might possibly have a chance with the pressure of a word count to push me on. I felt like it was something I should do and many prayers went into the story. Is it good? I wouldn't say it was stellar. I would say that it needs a lot more work. And I would also say....


Now what? Sigh. Well, I can think of a bookcase that needs serious dusting, boxes to be sorted, cooking to be done, errands to be run. And a nice cup of hot chocolate, a reward for finishing the job. That portion of the job at any rate, the starting.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Good job! Now when can I read it? ;-)