Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Penny Blue

I originally was envising this skirt as being a couple inches longer, but as I was cutting it out, I realized that was not going to work with the measure of material I was using. That is what you get I guess for combining two patterns and altering it to boot! I like adding little finishing details to my sewing projects. This skirt has the cutest lining, little pennyfarthings are riding all over it! The lining material has a good feel too. For fun, I added blue piping at the waistband. The lining was constructed with pale blue thread as well, but you can't see that - I just know it's there. The pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked (not my sisters fault), but here is one to give you a general idea.



And a close up of the details that gave its name.

No comments: