Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's the Words You Use

My grandmother and I were watching one of the those mystery shows when a commercial started. My grandmother gets very annoyed with those things and used this descriptive phrase to order me to hit mute: “kill them!” (Just as there were two guys on the screen too, poor fellows.)

I pressed mute and then turned and looked at her, saying cooly “Are you ordering a hit?”

See, I know the lingo.

Ha, ha, she thought it was funny. But what put her into near hysterics is when I declared that I wanted some caramel at ten something at night. I’m glad it tickled her funny bone, but I have no idea why it was so hilarious. I really wasn’t suggesting that we get in the car and go get some. Shakes head.

My sweet tooth is not a laughing matter.

No comments: