Monday, March 12, 2012

Tick Tock

I woke up sometime in the night with a brain overload and probably because I got too hot. I ditched the extra covers and tried to reprogram my brain to not stress and just sleep. It was a good start, but booming out into the darkness was the incessant tock, tock, tock, tock of not one, but two clocks. I tried to ignore the little tick tockers, after all, I had gone to sleep with the same exact sound. But in the middle of the night, suddenly they were annoying, incessant and very loud.

Forget it. I got up, took the clocks off the wall, wrapped them in a blanket, then another blanket and stuffed them in a box. I went back to sleep. Blissful sleep.

Come morning, the family was not amused with the sudden disappearance of the clocks, even when I explained what had happened to them. They didn’t understand at all. Except for my father, who thought it was funny, “not only did we lose an hour, but the clocks disappeared.”

He chuckled and then unearthed the clocks from their blanket hush box and put them back into place. What a very nice guy.


Happy Monday!
T.W.

No comments: