Sunday, September 11, 2011

NEVER FORGET!

It seems hard to believe that ten years have passed. Ten years.

I'm sure there are some amazing posts today from people who haven't forgotten. I thought this post from Thrifty Decor Chick, with pictures of some of the quotes from people who experienced it so closely, was a fitting tribute.

I knew what they were talking about when they mentioned how much a firefighter’s helmet means to him. I've seen tears in a guy’s eyes when his helmet was returned to him, a token of his service. To so many of us, it's just a helmet, but not to firefighters. It really makes me stop and pause to realize how few of the helmets were recovered from the rubble of the Twin Towers.

To the loved ones of every victim the attack left behind, my thoughts go out to you today especially, but I haven’t forgotten through the intervening years either.

God Bless America!

No comments: