Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day Musings

I do not believe you should boycott this holiday if you are single (at least that is my opinion this year). It is after all a holiday, and an excuse for chocolate. If there isn't someone to give it to you, then wait till tomorrow and go get yourself some on sale. Well, it sounds like a good idea.

Personally I'm not really into hearts, the multi shades of pink and red, and the abundance of tawdry valentines. Which is actually why it is not my favorite holiday. I could go for red roses and chocolates, though I'm not sure about them being in a heart shaped box. Maybe. But it would have to be just the right box. I suppose I could take the candies out and put them in something else and then dispose of the box. That is an idea. I do have this recollection that I once saw a box of chocolates, heart shaped, from See's and I didn't think it was so bad. I guess it is what's in
your heart that counts.

1 comment:

Daniel Gilman said...

Hi! I'm thinking of starting a blog, so I've been thinking of names, and so I decided to check if "www.inmyfatherhouse.blogspot.com Thus, I found your blog :) I'm glad I did. It's great to see another God fearing young person out there. I don't read lots of blogs, but two I like a lot are http://www.beautyfromtheheart.org/ and www.therebelution.com Anyway, glad to see that whoever has this blogname is using it well! God bless you!