Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm a Little Teapot

It was the most adorable fabric. A cream colored background with cranberry colored pots and cups dancing across its surface. I had been thinking about making my sister- in- law to be an apron for her bridal shower, and the fabric convinced me. I decided to design my own pattern and I think the pocket is such a cute touch. Though I have to say, the teapot was my sister’s idea, I had originally thought about a tea cup.


It really was perfect. Tea is a bit of a fetish around our house and in the end we gave her a really cute kettle from her registry at Macy’s and the apron went with it very well. I love the kettle she chose; it has such elegant, early American lines.


The apron was very popular at the shower – and unbeknownst to me, it even goes with the kitchen colors she chose. Phew! I really should have perused her registries and noted these things.

No comments: