Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Treats


I have Chinese noodles and chocolate chips - and my sisters on the lookout for a good price on Cadbury's Mini Eggs. And then I'll be making these little gems!

The Basic Formula
Chinese noodles
2 cups (+?) Chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon Shortening
Mini Eggs

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Lightly grease a bowl and put in the bag of Chinese noodles. Melt chocolate chips in double boiler and add shortening. Pour melted chocolate over noodles and gently coat them. Pull out a portion of the melted chocolaty mass and form into a nest, approximately 2 inch across, with an indentation in the middle. I use my hands. Allow nest to set for several hours. Place "eggs" in nest and serve or display.

I'll try to get more specific measurements when I make them!

Enjoy!

T.W.

No comments: