Friday, November 23, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey

My oldest nephew kept politely requesting things at the dessert table, very politely, but imperiously nonetheless. Finally I asked him, "Where's your kingdom?" He told me very ingenuously, "I don't know." I love that boy!

Later he informed me, "I'm eating lots so I'll be big and strong like Daddy." Ah, sweet Hallmark moment, but I couldn't let it go at that, I asked him, "Are you going to be smart and brilliant like your Aunt T.W.?"

One of my nieces took a bite of the cheesecake bars I had brought to the feast, I took one look at her face expression and asked, "Should I try a different recipe next time?" It was just such look as I might have given in my youth. She has a great future before her!

We took family pictures and froze! But it was still fun.

I'm so thankful for such a wonderful family!

Hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous!

T.W.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh! I missed the kingdom comment. That's funny. :-D

Thanks again for all your help yesterday. It was a lovely day and it was wonderful to share it with all of you. :-)